READY TO START LOOKING?
Here are some good sites to visit:
- Emily Carr Housing Facebook group Students looking to rent out their room or find a roommate use this page more than any other tool. This is a great place to introduce yourself and connect with potential roommates. This group is open to the Emily Carr community only, so you will have to sign in using the same ID and password you use to sign in the Emily Carr email.
- Renting It Right: Renting It Right is a free online course created by Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre (TRAC) and Justice Education Society. It will help you identify your rental needs, understand the renting process and figure out what are the right neighborhoods and rental type for you.
- Vancouver Craigslist This is a very popular site for classifieds–and where you will find the most ads. Unfortunately, lots of ads means lots of scams, so be careful when using these kinds of sites. If you feel unsure about an ad, do not hesitate to contact the housing assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UVrentsline This site is run by the UBC Alma Matter Society, and is geared mostly towards UBC students. This means that most of the housing opportunities will be on or close to the UBC campus.
- For Rent Vancouver Facebook Group: This group has over 18,000 members and growing. There you can find rental and sublet opportunities, as well as meet people looking for roommates.
- Search4studenthousing.com This is a fairly new site focusing on finding housing for students across Canada. Search parameters include the school you are attending, which allows you to see the listings’ distance to campus.
Other classifieds sites:
Property management companies also list vacancies on their sites. Here are a few to get you started: